frogx, Free Online Gaming for XMPP
The project is planning to offer a external XMPP component which enables Jabber servers to support Multi-User Gaming services. For Openfire server there are also plugins to support and manage Multi-User Gaming Services within the admin console. This change of the goals is reflected by moving from this procet from openfire-mug to frogx.
Because of a spam attack I've to reset the ticket system to a few days ago, sorry.
frogx includes software which enables XMPP Servers to support multi-user gaming services.
frogx implements the free available Multi-User Gaming protocol. This server component handles game rooms, players and spectators. It also offers a framework to allow a easy and rapid development of game plugins.
frogx is brand-new and supports the well-known Tic-tac-toe game. We are looking forward to get an growing community and various game plugins.
frogx is free. All the code is open source and licensed under the GNU General Public License. This means you can get the source code and modify it to suit your needs, as long as you publish the changes you make for everyone to benefit from as well.
If you have a question, recommendation or maybe want to join, feel free to write a mail to our Mailing List
Public Multi-User Gaming Services
A list of available Multi-User Gaming components via XMPP:
This project includes a couple of components:
- frogx-api offers game developers an interface for the MUG framework.
- frogx-core implements the Multi-User Gaming protocol.
- frogx-component is a standalone application which provides a external component for a XMPP server.
- frogx-openfire supports MUG services within a Openfire server.
- frogx-tictactoe is the first game plugin which allows to play the famous Tic-tac-toe game.
For game developers the maven-frogx-service-plugin supports building a frogx plugin.
The Javadoc documentation can be found here.
You can browse through the sources via git.frogx.org.
Get the source code via Git:
git clone git://git.frogx.org/frogx-service.git
Have a look in the README if you want to know how to build and use the software.
- Pidgin Games is the first client implementation which is able to use our services.